So, since you may not be headed out and about a lot this month as you recoup from the holidays, I thought I would share an easy and delicious recipe with you all.
This Sweet Mustard Chicken Recipe only requires a few ingredients and you make it in the crockpot or by using the oven. That means it’s perfect for weeknights and the weekends when you want to go out and explore Orlando (Monster Jam is coming over to Orlando on January 23rd and the Ringling Bros LEGENDS show is coming on January 14th) but are home in time for dinner!
SO, when I score all my chicken I make a bunch of Freezer Meals. I can prep about 10-12 meals in less than an hour and I love it! This Sweet Mustard Chicken Recipe is one of my Make Ahead Meals, but you can obviously just pick up the ingredients at the store tonight and make it that way too 🙂
What You Need:
- 4 – 6 Chicken Breasts approx. 1.5 – 2 lbs
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- *Add everything to a ziploc freezer bag and toss in the freezer if doing the make ahead meal option
What You Do:
- If baking in the oven, defrost overnight, dump into baking dish, and bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cook throughout
- If using the crockpot, defrost overnight and dump into the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or until cook throughout
- You can also place it in the crockpot frozen (removed from the bag) and cook on low for 8 hours
We served ours with snap peas and rice, but next time I make it I plan on serving it with mashed potatoes. The gravy is absolutely delicious!
Here’s another recipe you may enjoy:
If you are looking to set some fitness goals this year, don’t forget that the Best Damn Race is coming to Orlando in March!