With all of the fires in Utah this year, and the very dry environment, anytime you can make something without a fire is always a plus.
But what if you want to go camping, and aren’t allowed a fire?! Camping just isn’t the same without s’mores!
Solar Powered S’Mores
- aluminum foil
- graham crackers
- small chocolate bars (or you could use chocolate chips)
- a hot surface outside, like a hot rock, or the hot pavement (you can also use a grill, but we found it much easier to use a hot surface). You can also use the inside of your vehicle to show your kids how hot the inside of a car gets.
- Get creative! Spread some peanut butter on the cracker, or use butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips! The sky’s the limit!
Here’s what you do:
- Rip off a square piece of aluminum foil
- Assemble s’more. Start with a graham cracker base, add chocolate and marshmallows. Put graham cracker top on.
- Carefully wrap the s’more in aluminum foil, paying special attention not to break the graham cracker.
- Set the wrapped up s’mores outside on the hot surface. You may want to write each person’s name on the bottom of the foil with a sharpie marker.
- Let sit on hot surface in the sun until completely melted, about 40-45 minutes.
- Bring inside, unwrap, and enjoy!