Starting Shakeology? “No! Bah Humbug!” I’d say. “Who needs that anyway?!” But then a funny thing happened…I started back up on the roller coaster of stopping and starting my workouts. I’d get 10-11 days in and BAM! I’d fall off the exercise wagon. Has that happened to you too?
Does Shakeology Work?
Well, I did a lot of research – you can find some of it here – and I realized that my body was nutrient deficient. And, what is Shakeology? Nutrient dense. So, I gave it a shot and the rest is history. It makes me feel better, has drastically improved my digestive system, and it’s pretty much stopped my cravings which in turn has led to more weight loss. Those things happened, because Shakeology fills that nutrient deficiency gap for me.
If you’re about to try Shakeology for the first time, I hope you love it as much as I do. There are a few things you should know though before you start drinking it. Not all things happen to all people, because our bodies are all different, but these are some common first-time Shakeology effects you should know about so you don’t worry.
7 TIPS FOR STARTING SHAKEOLOGY
1. Use only 1/2 scoop for the first week or so. If you get the packets, use 1/2 of the packet per shake. Since Shakeology is so rich in nutrients, sometimes the introduction of them into your system (especially if your diet isn’t clean) can be startling. It’s best to ease into it a 1/2 scoop at a time.
2. Use a blender if you have one. We have a NutriBullet that we use to make our shakes in the morning. While you can shake it in the shaker cup, if you’re adding anything to it, it’s not going to shake well. No matter how long you shake that cup, the banana and kale is not going to be blended.😉
3. You may have to use the restroom a bit more at first. Again, Shakeology is filled with super nutrients that help to clean out your system. That means the gunk that’s in your body is going to be eliminated. So, just be prepared that you may need to go.
4. You may feel constipated. Fiber, digestive enzymes, and pre/probiotics are amazing for your system, but when you’re starting a dietary change, it can throw your digestive system off a bit. Again, this doesn’t happen for everyone (it didn’t happen for me or my family), but just in case it does happen, you know what’s going on and why.
5. If you’re lactose intolerant, you may want to order the Vegan formulas. The regular formulas have a milk protein in them that’s amazing, but…not if you’re lactose intolerant. If you’ve already ordered the regular kind and are sitting there going, “Shoot!”, don’t worry. You can call customer service and you’ll be able to return your bag for an exchange. Sometimes people don’t know this and if they’re lactose sensitive, when they drink it they get a belly ache. The Vegan formula should help.
5. You may feel bloated or gassy. Remember the whole nutrient rich point I keep bringing up? Well, the amazing fiber, pre- and pro-biotics, and digestive enzymes can make that happen. It’s temporary and should subside within a week.
6. You may have a lot of energy after drinking it…or you may not feel a huge difference. This has a lot to do with your current diet. If you’re eating relatively healthy foods, you probably won’t see too much of a difference. If your diet consists of mainly processed foods, it may impact you more.
As with all new things that you introduce into your diet, go slow. Always start with 1/2 scoop and work your way up to 3/4 or 1 full scoop. I hope that your experience with Shakeology is as wonderful as mine has been!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.