I love shopping after the holidays, because they always have their themed merchandise on sale. My latest finds have been the adorable square tissue boxes that had a slightly Halloween theme...really, they just had some orange in them. At 75% off, I quick snatched them up.
And what is one to do with a slightly Halloween themed tissue box near Thanksgiving? Turn it into a Thanksgiving Turkey Tissue Box, of course! The kiddos and I whipped out the construction paper and glue and got to work to create about six of these to put around the house. Super easy, super cute, and definitely Thanksgiving-themed. Here's how we did it!
Turkey Tissue Box Thanksgiving Craft for Kids
Age: Preschool & up!
Time Needed: 20 minutes
- Brown construction paper
- Colored construction paper
- Black marker
- Tissue boxes
- Cut out a pear shaped turkey body from brown construction paper.
- Using the brown paper scraps, cut little strips for the turkey legs.
- Glue the legs onto the turkey.
- Cut out 5 feathers in different colors, a small orange triangle for the beak, and a red teardrop-shape for the turkey's wattle.
- Glue the feathers onto the back of the turkey and then turn it over.
- Draw two eyes on the turkey's head using the marker and then glue on the beak and wattle.
- When your turkey is dry, glue him to the side of your tissue box.
- Ta-da! Quick and easy turkey tissue boxes at your service!
These are not only adorable for decorating around the house, they would also make fun classroom decorations!