Maybe it’s because of the cooler weather, the light brown color or the smell of ginger and cinnamon baking in the oven. Regardless, it’s a wonderful time of year for baking!
See how easy these are to make!
Here’s a closer look at this really easy cookie recipe.
- 3/4 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Extra Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar with a hand mixer
- Add the egg and molasses and continue to beat until incorporated
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, ground cloves and salt
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and make round balls for the cookies
- Roll the balls into a separate bowl of sugar and place on lined cookie sheet
- Add additional sugar to the cookie once it’s on the cookie sheet if you want additional sugar
- Bake in the oven at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to get brown
Serve these yummy cookies with a glass of milk or some green tea for an afternoon pick-me-up!