by Carla Wiking
This monster craft is also a monster toy! While the process of creating these fun little creatures is a blast, that’s only half the fun! Once they are dry, they provide hours of imaginative play. With just a few simple supplies you and your kids can create a whole family of friendly monsters! And while this is a great project any time, it is a perfect Halloween craft. Our little monsters are such a cool addition to our Halloween decorations, that is when they aren’t being played with.
TO MAKE PING PONG BALL MONSTERS YOU’LL NEED
- Ping Pong Balls
- Pipe Cleaners
- Googly Eyes
- Glue (Regular Craft Glue or Hot Glue)
HOW TO MAKE PING PONG BALL MONSTERS
- First you will need to paint your balls. This can be a little messy but fun! Hint: Let them dry resting on a few pins pushed into a scrap of cardboard or on the empty spaces on an upside down egg carton.
- Once your painted ping pong balls are dry you can add the eyes! Use glue to attach as many (or as few) as you want! Note: If you use hot glue an adult will have to help but they will be ready to play almost instantly!
- Next, pieces of pipe cleaners can be bent and glued on to create arms, legs, and hair. Hint: You will need at least three legs in order for your monsters to stand up.
- After the glue is dry you’re ready to play!
I hope you and your kids have as much fun as we did with this simple monster craft. Create and play with your very own monster mash!