We needed the perfect accessory, edible bracelets! I was inspired to make these adorable jellybean bracelets after reading the tutorial by Mrs D Lightful, love her blog! She used stretchy string to thread her bracelets but we just used plain string, the kids absolutely loved them!
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO MAKE THE JELLYBEAN BRACELETS:
- Thicker needle (I used a basting needle from quilting. Loved it’s “T” head, it made threading so much easier!).
- Thin Regular sewing needle
- Thread – I used four strands for strength
HOW TO MAKE THESE PARTY FAVORS:
Using the thicker needle, poke a hole through, then thread the thinner needle through the hole. We had a little bowl of water and a rag to rinse our needles off as we worked. They would get gummed up from the sugary sweetness. The kids loved their bracelets!
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES WITH THE JELLYBEAN BRACELETS:
- Color recognition – maybe make a shade scale. Which is the darkest red, the brightest red, the palest pink?
- Pattern Recognition and creation as you pick and predict what color should come next.
- Taste test: Which is the sweetest flavor? The saltiest one? The most sour?
- Take a sweet jelly bean, which part of your tongue can you taste it the best?
For other party ideas check out these posts: