After you put the filter back in place and the air begins to circulate through it, the lovely scent from the oils will circulate through your home as well.
We love that this is a much safer and budget-friendly solution to using candles or chemical-laden air fresheners throughout the house.
The scent should last a few weeks, and you can always add another drop or two throughout the month, even when it’s not time to replace your filter.
We’re sharing a few of our favorite scent combinations here. Use two to three drops of each essential oil for the perfect combination! We have found that high quality oils have the longest lasting effect.
10 OF OUR FAVORITE SCENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint – This one is great for Christmastime!
- Eucalyptus and Tea Tree – We love how this one smells and how it always makes us feel like we can breathe a little deeper!
- Ginger, Cinnamon and Clove – Perfect for that “fresh cookies from the oven” smell we all crave!
- Orange and Lemon – Citrus fruit add just the right touch of fruitful sweet without being overwhelming.
- Rosemary and Lemon – This one will make your home smell clean and fresh all day long!
- Chamomile and Lavender – Soothing and subtle in scent this is just right for relaxing after a long day.
- Jasmine and Orange – For a gentle floral scent throughout your home.
- Pine, Cedar – Give your house that rustic woodsy feel to it, with this wonderful combination.
- Lavender, Geranium and Lemon – We love that this one gives the perfect combination of citrus and fresh flowers!
- Rosemary, Lemon, Peppermint and Sage – The longest combination but worth mentioning because of the fresh scent this one gives your home!
The fun thing about this home tip is that you can constantly play around with your own combinations. You can switch scents with the seasons and let something fresh awaken your senses every few weeks and each time the air turns on!
NEW TO ESSENTIAL OILS?
Ha! Me too…awhile ago.
It can be overwhelming with so many oils & choices.
…like a super huge essential oil information manual. I use mine ALL THE TIME. It is a place you can look up information about each oil individually or find information by looking up the problem you want to solve.
…like an Amazon gift card for $20! You can use it for additional resources or accessories OR just whatever you want!
…like membership in our group’s private FB community. This is a great place to ask questions, get suggestions and find out how other people are using their essential oils. As part of my team, you can also choose other groups like our business building or blogging communities as well.