These are fun and eye grabbing which are perfect ways to slowly introduce them to the world of science.
10 EASY PRESCHOOL SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS
- Rock Garden – Use a few household items to grow crystals on rocks. Let your kids add in their own ingredients to find out which help grow the crystals and which don’t.
- Candy Science – See what happens when you drop M&Ms into water and the sugar dissolves off.
- Preschooler Pulley – Grab a bucket and a rope and teach your little ones about a pulley system and how you can get heavy items to a higher lever.
- Learning About Turbulence – This is a fun (and delicious!) way to teach children about turbulence and why they should not be afraid. This would be perfect in preparation for an upcoming trip!
- Lime Juice and Baking Soda Experiment – Let your little ones discover what will happen when these two ingredients are added together. When it’s over, you can also make a little art!
- Frozen Dinos – Your kids will love using a small plastic tool and the power of salt to melt ice and rescue these dinosaurs. You can change it up on different days so they can rescue other friends!
- Color Changing Milk – Learn about surface tension by adding dish soap to milk and food coloring. Here is a great list of questions to ask while you experiment with your kids.
- I-Spy Snowflakes – Take a look at what snowflakes look like up close – really close! Use this creative way to catch snowflakes and examine them.
- Frozen Bubble – Use all this cold weather for fun by learning how to freeze a bubble! Take guesses on how long it will take and test them out.
- Killing Germs – Maybe one of the most important things to teach our little ones is about germs – where they come from and how to kill them. Here is a fun way to test it!