Of course spending time with loved ones is the very best way to do this, but when distance is a factor, it’s not entirely possible to catch the next flight cross-country. Sending a bouquet of Easter flowers, a plush bunny, or a nice Easter card is a thoughtful sentiment to let your family know that you’re thinking about them on this glorious holiday!
Sweet Easter Messages
One look inside any grocery store will let you know it’s Easter time, with all the pastel colored candies and chocolates lining the aisles! Why not sweeten Easter up even more with a super sweet, super thoughtful message to your loved ones!
- Wishing the Easter Bunny brings you a chocolate bunny that’s bigger and sweeter than you! Happy Easter!
- Happy Easter! I hope your Easter eggs are made of gold like your heart!
- Wishing you and yours a very lovely Easter!
- Here’s to an Easter filled with flowers, bunnies, and eggs full of yummies!
- Even though we couldn’t be with you on this glorious day, we are wishing you the best Easter anyone can have.
- Thinking of you on this beautiful Easter! I hope you get to enjoy it with the ones you love!
- Sending you a little note to say Happy Easter!
- May the Easter Bunny bring you and your family a basket full of blessings!
Funny Easter Messages
Who doesn’t love a silly joke or a clever pun? Here is a list of some funny Easter greetings and jokes to give the kids a giggle! For more fun, hide a joke inside each Easter egg to keep them laughing all morning long!
- Wishing you one big hippity-hoppity-HAPPY Easter!
- Happy Easter to one of my favorite PEEPS!
- A tisket, a tasket, no candy for your basket! (Really though, that bunny should switch to delivering carrots!)
- Here’s to eating your weight in chocolate on Easter morning! Happy Easter, sweetheart!
- Why did the Easter Bunny cross the road? Because that darn chicken was chasing him!
- How does an Easter Bunny stay fit? By Eggcersizing! Not a bad idea after eating all of that chocolate!
- How does an Easter Bunny hide eggs and deliver baskets without being caught? Very carrotfully! Have a nice Easter!
- What is the Easter Bunny’s favorite emotion? Hoppy! Have a very hoppy Easter!
- It’s time for that difficult decision again: Lamb or ham? Have a Happy Easter!
- Hoping your Easter day is as sweet as the Cadbury eggs you’ve been munching on all week!
Religious Easter Messages
Although Easter is a fun time for kids with all the candy and fun and games, but it’s good to remember that Easter at its heart, is about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. His sacrifice gave us a path to eternal life with Him in His kingdom!
- May all the blessings of Easter fill your heart and your home!
- This Easter, remember to focus on the real reason we celebrate. Let’s worship our Savior, Jesus Christ!
- Rise this Easter morning and praise the One who rose again! Hallelujah to the King!
- Let’s rejoice in Jesus on resurrection day! Have a blessed Easter!
- Have a Happy Easter! Shout it proud to our King!
- Count your blessings and thank Jesus for each and every one this Easter.
- We celebrate today because Jesus gave each of us a future with Him, we just have to accept it! Happy Easter to a beautiful sister (brother) in Christ!
Easter Bible Verses for Cards
It’s important to remember why we celebrate Easter, so including a Bible verse within your Easter greetings is a beautiful way to honor the real reason we rejoice today!
Acts 3:15 15 You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.
Acts 4:33 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all
John 11:25 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
John 14:6 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Luke 23: 46-47 46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last. 47 The centurion, seeing what had happened, praised God and said, “Surely this was a righteous man.”
Luke 24: 5-7 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ”
Matthew 20:18-19 18 “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death 19 and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!”
Matthew 28:5-7 5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
Mark 15: 32 32 Let this Messiah, this king of Israel, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe.” Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him.
Mark 16:1-4 1When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. 2 Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3 and they asked each other, “Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?” 4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away.
Mark 16: 5-6 5 As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. 6 “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him.
Poems are always fun and kids seem to love them! Teach them some of these!
A wiggle, a hop! A big bunny ear flop!
This is a bunny dance, better tighten your pants!
Get in a line and hop, hop hop!
A shake, a move, it’s the cottontail groove!
He is Risen
He is risen! He’s alive!
Check the tomb, he’s not inside!
He made a promise and was crucified,
He showed no fear as He needn’t hide!
Jesus Christ, he told us so!
Little did we believe, little did we know
that He spoke the truth with each word!
Now He is risen, His voice is heard!
Easter Egg Hunt
One egg, two eggs, three eggs, four!
Find some eggs and search for more!
Six eggs, seven eggs, eight eggs, nine!
Open them up to see what’s inside!
Will it be jelly beans?
Will it be candy?
Will it be money or something dandy?
Whatever’s inside, join in the fun!
When they say “go!” you run, run, run!
Untitled by Charles Wesley
Christ the Lord is risen today,
Sons of men and angels say.
Raise your joys and triumphs high;
Sing, ye heavens, and earth reply.
When it comes to Easter, there’s a lot that people have to say, and even some general quotes related to the holidays.
- We are adopted into God’s family through the resurrection of Christ from the dead in which he paid all our obligations to sin, the law, and the devil, in whose family we once lived. Our old status lies in his tomb. A new status is ours through his resurrection. -Sinclair B. Ferguson
- Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there. -Clarence W. Hall
- God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.’ -Billy Graham
- Tomb, thou shalt not hold Him longer; death is strong, but life is stronger; stronger than the dark, the light; stronger than the wrong, the right… -Phillips Brooks from “An Easter Carol”
- Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone but in every leaf of springtime. -Martin Luther
Easter is all about celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ with our loved ones, so no matter how you decide to celebrate and spread the joy, do so with a happy spirit! Carry on special traditions that you have grown to love, and best of all, continue to love. Happy Easter everyone!