Sometimes it can be tough finding the perfect place, where it will be possible to entertain your entire family. You have to make sure there’s things to do for the kids, places to kick back and relax, or just fun for the whole family in general. After all, you don’t want any family member to look back and remember how boringthe family reunion was, do you? I didn’t think so!
Picking the Right Destination
One of the biggest questions you’ll have when your committee is planning a family reunion is “Where will we have it?” Well it all depends on several factors. Here is a list of things that you might want to consider when deciding amongst family reunion destinations:
- Cost: One of the first things you need to do before doing anything else when planning a family reunion is to set a budget. It is important that you stick to this budget and consider it during every step of the planning process, especially the venue; they can get expensive!
- Activities/nearby attractions: Your family will more than likely stay for longer than the reunion, thus making a vacation out of it. Plan the reunion in a place that has other things to do: Zoos, theme parks, beaches, museums, aquariums, festivals and so on.
- Nearby lodging: Everyone will be needing a hotel to stay in, or vacation rentals, so be sure that the hotels aren’t too far away from the venue.
- Distance from home: If all of your family lives in one town, be sure to run it by them first if you would like to have the reunion far from home.
- Scenic areas: This is definitely a huge bonus to family reunion destinations. If your reunion will be held outdoors, make it a pretty one!
- Memorable: Is there just something about the venue that just stands out, something everyone will always remember?
Top 10 Destinations for a Family Reunion
- Orlando, FL: Take time to have a family reunion in sunny Orlando, FL. Stay in the Disney Resort and meet all of the Disney characters at Disney World, or catch a Blue Man Group show while visiting Universal Studios or Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Enjoy the water? Then take a trip over to SeaWorld, or have a water day at Wet n’ Wild or Aquatica!
- Washington D.C.: Stay in a hotel resort in Washington DC and don’t pass up the opportunity to take pictures with the many monuments, and tours through the many history museums in the area! There is also the Smithsonian Zoo and the National Aquarium. With all there is to do and see, the place for your reunion might e D.C.!
- Tampa Bay, FL: If you enjoy FL beaches, then the white, sandy beaches of the Tampa Bay area are where to go! Take the ferry from Dunedin Beach out to Caladesi Island, or take a boat tour at the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs. There is also Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, the Museum of Science and Industry, Lowry Park Zoo, and many beach resorts to choose from
- Orange County, CA: Stay at the Disneyland resort and get a multi-day pass to Disneyland, or venture over to Los Angeles to go to Universal Studios Hollywood, and see all of the attractions that Hollywood has to offer!
- Grand Canyon, AZ: Have you ever wanted to see those deep canyons in person? Well, make a family reunion of it! Stay in a nearby hotel, campsite, or resort and enjoy the many outdoor activities offered in the area, along with zoos and parks.
- Chicago, IL: Set up a family reunion at the Windy City! Eaglewood Resort & Spa is just a half-hour from downtown and boasts of beautiful scenery and a reservable, private, six lane bowling alley!
- Savannah, GA: Shop in the malls or in the streets of the downtown historic district in Savannah. Forsyth Park is a must see before you stroll the many squares of Savannah to reach River St, where the real party is. Stay a night in the beautiful, Victorian-style landmark hotel, River Street Inn.
- Las Vegas, NV: Not just casinos here, folks. It’s a great place for family reunions, with lots of things to do for all ages! Stay at the Circus Circus Hotel on the North end of the Las Vegas Strip, and enjoy gourmet dining, rides, a casino, and circus performances–all right inside the resort!
- Nassau, Bahamas: Every family can use a cruise, so take a Caribbean cruise to Nassau, Bahamas where you will find crystal-clear waters, and the great Atlantis resort, featuring a waterpark and a beautiful beach. Enjoy Island food while sipping on a few local beverages!
- Niagara Falls, ON, Canada: If you’ve never been to Canada, this is a wonderful place for any kind of family gathering! Take your next full-family portrait right at the falls while exploring the breathtaking scenery that Niagara Falls has to offer.
You truly cannot go wrong by choosing any of these family reunion destinations for your next family reunion. Even if you have to save up for a while for this reunion, it will be well worth the wait!