For family reunion fun, you can include these adult drinks with adult games and you will have the recipe for fun and memories that will last a lifetime!
Choosing Your Drink Menu
Some family reunion hosts will buy a keg and call it a day, but I say for a family reunion, you need a bit more variety for adult drinks. For family reunion adult drink planning, try to keep the following in mind:
- Avoid straight liquor: This basically means no shots, stick with mix drinks only because you really don’t want anyone too drunk!
- Set a budget: Choosing to have adult beverages will be a whole new expense in itself so it needs a special spot in your budget, setting a dollar amount not to be exceeded.
- Impose a limit: Will it be followed? If it’s enforced enough. You don’t want to have anyone getting too drunk, especially if they have to drive. This will also help with budgeting!
- Fishbowl: Not a fish bowl of mix drink, but this can help you to have a safer reunion. Whoever wants to have a drink must drop their keys or cell phone into the fish bowl which will not be given back until they are sober.
- Appoint a “bartender”: Maybe not necessarily to make the drinks, but to keep a good eye on the adult beverage table. You wouldn’t want any underagers to sneak a swig!
- Mix it up: Well, you’ll literally be mixing it up, but you want to have a good variety of drinks that use different liquors since everyone has different tastes!
Also, if you know of anyone in the family who has an uncontrolled drinking problem, or someone who becomes belligerent when they have been drinking, having alcohol at the reunion is not a good idea.
Now it’s time to explore a few good adult drinks for family reunions! Here are some delicious mix drinks that anyone over 21 can enjoy!
- Sangria: This is the perfect drink, especially for an outdoor reunion. An easy-to-make wine drink with a kick of brandy and fruit! Delicious and refreshing.
- Hard Lemonade: You can make your own or buy it bottled, but either way, this will be a hit drink! Also great for outdoors!
- Long Island Iced Tea: This is one of those few drinks that are loaded with liquor but you really can’t tell (if it’s made right). Just make sure everyone knows this is not a virgin drink!
- Rum and Coke: Two ingredients, super easy to make, and very popular! Don’t forget the garnish of lime!
- Cosmopolitan: A perfect mix of cranberry, citrus, and vodka, a cosmopolitan will be a popular drink if it’s on the menu!
- Margarita: Okay, this is a total chick drink but if there’s enough ladies at the reunion, you might see a lot of margarita glasses walking around!
You can’t go wrong with any of these popular drinks. Top them off with a themed garnish of some sort and you have the best adult drinks for a family reunion! Let loose but don’t get too twisted. Cheers!