Creating surveys is a great way to get some much-needed input, and when it comes to family reunion planning, you need all of the input you can get!
Not only do you get valuable information in return, but you family members are happy to help you out. You’ll want to ask family reunion survey questions pertaining to the event specifics, of course, and personal preferences.
Also, include a section for “other comments” in case someone has some ideas they would like to share with you.
Don’t forget to send a nice letter asking for everyone to take the survey, and thank them in advance for taking time out of their busy days to make your planning easier.
Organizing a Family Reunion Survey
It’s nice to ask for the input of others because it makes them feel like their word matters. Who doesn’t like being asked for advice and input? The questions is, what kind of family reunion survey questions should be asked?
If you need a few examples, please read the following example family reunion survey questions:
- What date ranges are most convenient for you? (List a few)
- How much are you willing to contribute towards making this reunion awesome?
- Where would you like the reunion to be held? (City, state)
- What types of venues would you be OK with?
- How many days can you take off for vacation?
- How far are you willing to travel?
- What activities would you like to see?
- Would you be willing to participate in a potluck by bringing a dish?
- Are you opposed to picnic or barbeque style family reunions?
- What kind of food would you like to be served?
- Do you prefer an outdoor or indoor venue?
- Would you be willing to volunteer your time to help with the reunion?
- Would you be willing to join the family reunion planning committee?
- Do you need any special accommodations? (For a disabilities, medical conditions, etc.)
- Would you be willing to buy family reunion t-shirts?
- What is the best number to reach you at, in case of last minute changes?
- Who will all be coming with you? (Please list family members, including yourself)
- Would you like help making travel and lodging arrangements?
- Is there any reason why you might not be able to attend?
- Do you have any food allergies or food preferences?
- If you could describe our family in a 3-5 word sentence, what would it be? (This might become our family reunion slogan!)
- What do you feel would be good for entertainment?
- Do you have any theme ideas?
- Would you be willing to get wet or dirty?
- What time do you feel is the latest that the event should go on for? (Kids have bedtimes, I get it!)
- Would you be willing to send pictures for a slideshow?
- Could you give me three fun facts about yourself? (Also include the other family members, if applicable.)
- What kind of music do you like?
- Are you opposed to alcohol being served in the presence of kids?
- What would you do for a Klondike bar? (Seriously, we might have some!)
Along with the survey, you can really take this as an opportunity to send an order form for shirts to include cost per shirt, and an area to note how many of each size is needed, if this applies.
Also, it’s a good idea to provide your family with other ways to respond, such as by email or fax. Other than that, don’t forget to include a self-addressed envelope!