You know, one of those songs where the only thing you can remember is the “good ol’ days”?
You can almost feel exactly the way you felt when you were making memories whilst that very song was playing. It is in this moment when you realize just how much time has gone by, and perhaps a family reunion is in order!
Family reunion planning involves a whole lot of thought, and one area that you don’t want to skimp on is the music! It is so important to pick great family reunion songs for many reasons, but mainly because of the great memories that will soon be associated with the very songs that you pick out.
Set the Mood
Music has its way of setting a mood for any social gathering, so it is also important that the family reunion songs you pick out are happy, family-friendly ones and nothing negative or profane; unless, of course, your family has some weird, twisted inside joke associated with a song atypical of family reunion songs. (To each his own, I always say!)
- Take some requests from family members that will be attending.
- Find out what genres everyone likes and dislikes and plan around this.
- Try to find songs that are all about family.
- Don’t be afraid to be cliche with your music choices!
If you are looking for a few ideas for family reunion music, then you’ve come to the right place! Here is a list of family reunion songs that is sure to set the mood and have everyone up on their feet having a great time!
- “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge. How can you not play this one?
- “A Song for Dad” by Keith Urban
- “Home” by Depeche Mode
- “Home Sweet Home” by Motley Crue
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- “Together Forever” by Rick Astley
- “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle
- “Turn! Turn! Turn!” By The Byrds
- “Wonderwall” by Oasis
- “Come Sail Away” by Styx
- “Family of Man” by Three Dog Night
- “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother” by The Hollies
- “Family Affair” by Sly and the Family Stone
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “Back to the Family” by Jethro Tull
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “Reunion” by Erasure
- “Blessed” by Martina McBride
- “Celebration” by Kool and the Gang
- “Happy People” by R. Kelly
- “Oh, How the Years Go By” by Vanessa Williams
- “The Time of My Life” by Jennifer Warnes
- “Better Days” by Dianne Reeves
- “A Song For Mama” by Boyz II Men
- “Find Your Wings” by Mark Harris
- “The Dance” by Garth Brooks
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Judy Garland
- “Family Reunion” by The O’Jays
- “My Father’s Eyes” by Eric Clapton
- “Thanks for the Beautiful Memories” by Hawk Nelson
There is such a vast selection of good family reunion songs, and this is a list of some of the very best ones you can find! Some are meant to be dedicated to specific family members while the others are for the entire party. Quite a few of them are tear-jerkers, but it never hurts to have happy tears at a family reunion; that’s how you know some unforgettable memories are being created!
Bonus Family Reunion Song Idea:
Here’s a little bonus song for those who made it this far :-). This is the perfect song for the end of a reunion.