One of these ways is to have a family reunion fundraiser!
There is a few different ways you can go about this, whether you decide to tackle it on your own, or call upon the help of your family members.
This is definitely a case of “the more, the merrier” because you can make more money with more people helping, and have a lot more fun doing it!
Family Reunion Fundraisers
When I said that there is many ways to raise money, I wasn’t exaggerating. Here’s a few ideas for family reunion fundraisers:
- Bake sale: Do you get along with your oven? Prove it. Put together plates of sweets and delicious pies, and market them wherever you’re allowed!
- Craft sale: Feeling crafty? Can you make things that everyone can use or would like to have? Why not have a craft sale, or have a booth at a local festival!
- Pancake breakfast: Pancakes are cheap and easy to make, it you have a large space, or can rent one for cheap, charge a flat fee per head. Be sure to advertise well for this one, and well in advance to get the word out.
- Car wash: This is definitely one you don’t want to attempt on your own, but everyone loves a good, affordable hand wash for their cars! Make sure you make some big signs to put out by main roads, and don’t hesitate to assign someone to dance with a sign out by the road to attract attention!
- Christmas caroling: Is it the holiday season? Get a few family members together and go Christmas caroling for some extra money!
- Yard sale: One man’s junk is another man’s treasure! Get a few family members to clean the junk out of their garages for the sake of raising money for the reunion.
- Online garage sale: This takes a bit more effort and an online payment account, such as Paypal. Make a group eBay account with one person “manning” it. Everyone should list their items for auction, and send them out at the auction ending. All of the money will go into a single account and be used for family reunion expenses.
- Dog wash: This is perhaps one of the cheapest and easiest family reunion fundraisers to hold. The best part is, you get to meet a bunch of cute doggies!
- Recycling: Go door-to-door collecting recyclables and take them to the nearest facility to cash them in! This is a slow way to make money, but any bit helps, right
- Raffle: Hold a raffle or a few raffles, making sure you charge enough per ticket to make more money than you spent!
There are other ways to make money other than doing family reunion fundraisers but family reunion fundraisers put the “fun” in it all! Make sure that whatever you choose to do, inform everyone in your family and solicit their help because the more money you all can raise, the better the family reunion can be!