by craftbits (shellie wilson)
What you need
Styrofoam Wreath, Black Spray Paint, 2 Yards of Black Tulle, 1"x50" piece of Black Fabric or Ribbon, Felt in Orange Black and Green, Buttons, Adhesive
- Spray paint your wreath black. The color of your wreath will show through the Tulle so that’s why you’re painting it.
- Cut your black tulle into approximately 45 strips that are 3″ wide by 34″ long.
- Take 2 strips of tulle and stack them one on top of the other, and fold both in half. Tie around your wreath, knotting it, with the knot in the front.
- Repeat, spacing 12 tulle strips around your wreath.
- Fill in the remaining spaces with the other tulle strips.
- For the legs, Cut out two 1.5″x5″ strips of lime green felt. For the shoes, cut 2 triangle shapes from black felt. Cut a curve on one side of the triangles and a notch on a second side to make boot shapes. Glue the top edge of the boots to the bottom of the legs.
- For the hat, Cut a curved cone shape from orange felt and glue 1″ strips of black felt onto the hat. Trim excess felt away. Glue the hat to a piece of cardstock to stiffen it and cut it out of the cardstock paper.
- Tie your fabric strip arount the top of the wreath ot hang it with, Glue the hat to the top of the wreath.
- Add buttons to the shoes and hat for extra embellishment!
Have You Seen These Ideas?