by craftbits (shellie wilson)
- or say anything else you like! We show you how!
What you need
Supplies: 2 Wire Hangers, 1/4 yard of Fabric, Pliers, Hot Glue, Paper, Sharpie
- Sketch out your speech bubble onto paper with a pencil and then go back over it with a sharpie.
- Straighten out the wire hangers. They don’t have to be perfectly straight, it’s okay if there are a few twists in it.
- Cut your fabric into 1″ strips. I used 5 45″ strips of Valentine themed fabric.
- Place the end of your wire on top of your fabric and adhere the end of the fabric over the end of the wire.
- Start wrapping your fabric diagonally down your wire. Continue wrapping, if you run out of one fabric strip glue the end down and start a new one.
- When you get to the end of the wire, trim your fabric and glue the end of the fabric down.
- Using your sketch as a guide, bend your wire into the shapes of the letters. Use a pair of pliers to make it easier. Leave a couple of inches of wire at the end of your word to attach it to the speech bubble later.
- Bend your 2nd wire hanger into a speech bubble.
- Attach a strip of fabric to the end of your wire and wrap it around the 2 ends to attach them together. Glue the end of the fabric down.
- Use the extra wire at the end of the word to attach it to the speech bubble by wrapping it around the speech bubble wire.
If you want a fabric that doesn’t fray, try using a stretchy T-shirt fabric instead of regular cotton fabric.
All done! Enjoy Love!
Have You Seen These Ideas?