by Craftbits (Shellie Wilson)
Yes? Here is your chance - using nothing but paper and scissors! Perfect for a Christmas decoration.
What you need
6 pieces of paper
- Get the first piece of paper, fold it so it makes a complete triangle (and when you unfold it, it will form a perfect square).
- Cut off the piece at the bottom of the triangle (square when you unfold).
- Make sure that the long crease is at the bottom and the one point is at the top.
- Fold from the left corner to the right corner.
- NOT the side you can unfold, but the other side the side that is creased. You need to get your scissors out and cut 5 slits in the CREASED side.
- After cutting the slits, unfold the whole project.
- The smallest 2 slits closest to the middle, pull them together, and tape little corners.
- Flip paper over the NEXT corners closest to the middle…. pull together, tape corners
- Flip over to same side as 7 just for the NEXT in line
- Flip over to same side as 8 same as 9 & 8
- Flip over to same side as 9 & 7. Same as 8 & 9 & 10
- When you are finished with all of the slits, you figure should look like an icicle.
- Repeat steps 1-12, for 5 more times
- When finished with a total of 6 icicle look-alike figures, staple. (you are to gather all ENDS of one side of the icicle look-alike figures and staple)
- Staple the LAST corners that u taped on each side of the figure. This should make you figure turn into a snowflake
Hope you like it. I learned this at school. I have them all over my house. They look Amazing. Happy Holidays!
Have You Seen These Ideas?