Easy Guacamole – Recipe Of The Week
Guacamole and more specifically, avocados, as far as I am concerned, is one of those fruits from the Gods! As I often mention in this blog, when it comes to food it is hard to please everyone when you have a blended family. There are a few times when we all can agree on a food we all like and in this case it is Mexican food! A favorite in our household.
This week I want to share with you my simple, delicious Guacamole recipe. I love to make Guacamole because it is a very versatile dish. You can use it as a appetizer, but you can also use it as a side dish to any piece of beef or chicken. It is so super easy to make and your family will be asking you for more!
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons corn oil. I use Mazola but you can use any brand.
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 mediumde tomate
- Fresh cut cilantro
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Sal to taste
- Chop the onion, garlic and the tomatoes eliminating the seeds and the skin if you prefer.
- Chop the Jalapeño or serrano pepper and just add a little at the beginning, about half tablespoon to avoid making it too spicy
- Cut the cilantro and add a teaspoon to the guacamole, put the rest aside for garnish
- Once you have all the ingredients chopped, it is time to peel the avocados. Take the pulp and mash with a fork, add the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of Mazola corn oil and the rest of the ingredients that we chopped with the pinch of salt to taste.
- Mix everything very well and enjoy!
Important Tip: Keep the avocado seed if you are not going to eat the Guacamole immediately or you want to preserve it in the fridge, place it in the center of the guacamole. This together with the lemon juice, will avoid the avocado to oxidize and turn black.